D&H Website Link
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE DYRHAM AND HINTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON THURSDAY 29th MARCH 2018
Present: Councillors: Kerry Sawyer (KS) – Chairman, Bruce Gawler BG (Vice Chairman) Philip Boulton (PB) Andrew Banwell (AB), Sharon
Sasada (SS) and the Clerk Christine Howard. A representative of Dyrham and Hinton Cricket Club. Ward Councillor: None.
Members of the Public
A committee member came Dyrham and Hinton Cricket Club to explain about their application for a grant. The club is in desperate need of
a new lawn mower as the current one will cost too much to repair and is not good enough to cut the whole area. A new one fit for purpose
would be approximately £1,500 to £2,000. The representative then left the meeting.
1. Apologies for absence: B Stokes.
2. Declaration of Interests under the Localism Bill: PB declared an interest on the grant application for Dyrham Cricket Club and took
no part in the discussion on this.
3. Reports on Meetings Attended: The Clerk had attended the GDPR course held at Bradley Stoke, the South Gloucestershire Council
Local Plan Meeting, also the South Gloucestershire Equalities Conference last week. BG attended the Parkland Management Plan meeting
– See appendix 1.
4. Confirmation of the minutes of the last meeting held on 25th January 2018: BG proposed them as a correct record, seconded by
5. Matters Arising from the last meeting not on an agenda item: 18. Norley Lane, Tormarton a further e mail had been received
asking for Councillor’s individual response to the South Glos Local Plan the Clerk had supplied it was decided that individual councillors would
6. Councillor Vacancy – adoption of new Councillor: Sharon Sasada had applied to become a councillor and it was agreed that she be
7. Election of Vice Chairman: PB Proposed Bruce Gawler be elected as vice chairman seconded by SS -
8. Correspondence Received
From South Glos Council:
Information from Sally Pattison from SGC with information about Dyrham and Hinton Biodiversity action plan.
Thank you letters for the grants received from St Peter’s Hospice, The West of England MS Centre and the Citizen’s advice Centre
E mail from South West Ambulance service regarding the annual defibrillator training this will be arranged in June.
The Chairman read out a letter from the owner of the Gatekeepers Lodge stating that the Clerk had visited the property on 2 occasions and had trespassed. The Clerk had made her report and the Chairman would write to the owner stating the support for her.
9. Planning Applications
Agreed by Parish Council: Hinds Cottage, Upper Street PK18/0312/LB. Replacement of windows.
Objected by Parish Council: None.
|The Parish News|
|Parish Council Index|
|Parish News Archive|
|Parish Council Information|
|Draft Minutes 1|
|South Gloucestershire Council|
|Neighbourhood Watch 2|
|St Peter's Index|
|Village Hall Index|
|Groups & Societies|
|The Bull at Hinton|
|Little Nannies Cafe|
|Gary Boulton Metal Sculptor|
|Houses for Sale and Sold|
|Parish Health Matters|
|St Peter's Church|
|Message from the Vicar|
|St Peter's Photographs 1|
|St Peter's Churchyard|
|Village Hall Information|
|Enquiries and Hiring|
|Village Hall Trust|
|Complaints to the VHT|
|Boyd Valley Painting Group|
|Dyrham Garden Club|
|Dyrham & Hinton Cricket Club|
|Music Appreciation Society|
|Reports of Past Meetings 1|
|Lest We Forget|
|Refuse and Recycling|
|Local Crime Reports|
|Refuse and Recycling Dyrham|
|Refuse and Recycling Hinton|
|Food & Drink|
|Meet The Neighbours|